Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Drug Store Mascara Reviews


Drug Store Mascara 
Reviews



I truly am a mascara junkie.  I don't leave the house without it!  I find myself constantly trying new drug store brands but I do have favorites I always return to.

(From left to right)  

Illegal Length Fiber Extensions- $6.94, I was really excited about this mascara and got a few compliments from strangers.  The brush divides the lashes beautifully and did add a couple millimeters.  However after a few hours of wear, I noticed dry black flakes below the lash line and on my upper cheeks.  I had the same experience with Volum' Express Falsies Flared


Loreal Double Extend Lash Boosting Mascara (Blue tube contains lash boosting serum -$9.48, red tube volume no boost serum-$8.47)  If you cant tell from the picture I'm a big fan of the Loreal Double Extend! Its easy to apply and labeled step 1 & step 2.  Step 1- Coats the lashes in a white base coat.  Step 2- brush on mascara, covering all of the white base coat.  Great product will buy again and again.  I also saw results from this product, so much that I bought the
 Loreal Lash Boostin Serum (clear serum in clear tube with blue top).  Super easy to apply can be applied with or without makeup.  Trace lightly along the upper lash line.  After several weeks of use I began to notice slightly longer lashes.  This is a great drug store alternative to pricey lash lengthening serums.

Almay Intense i-Color Volumizing Mascara- $4.97 (and I had a $4 off coupon).
Great product, brush divides the lashes beautifully and great volume.  I feel like I can count every lash when I apply this mascara.  This is one of my favorites.  Only cons this product does flake after a few hours wear as well as glitter flakes that still appears after washing off my make-up.  The volume is great and far outweighs the cons in my own opinion.

CG Exact Eyelights- $7.24,  Claims to be an eye-brightening mascara.  I love the applicator.  Adds volume, not sure about the "eye-brightening" effects.  Does have light flecks of glitter that also sticks around after face-washing.  Great product overall and have bought multiple times.

Rimmel Max VolumeFlash R-$5.47  Last and defiantely least.  Upon application of this product I noticed all of my lashes became few, clumping together.  I didn't notice any flaking but appear to have an allergy to this product getting itchy red eyes the few times I tried the product.


Let me know what your favorite mascara is, as well as any make-up products you'd like me to review.




No comments:

Post a Comment